In the Spotlight
What Will You Find in the New My HealtheVet?
Good news: My HealtheVet has been making some revisions recently; some of them visible, some of them not. We have started using a new publishing system that will help us make updates more easily and quickly. We've made some changes in the health content. You may notice that our URLs are simpler and shorter. Most of the adjustments are 'behind-the-scenes,' and you won't need to re-learn how to use the features you rely on, like Prescription Refills, Secure Messaging, and getting to your health data.
Here is a quick look at what you will see in this enhanced My HealtheVet:
- Visitors will arrive directly on the Home Page and can log in; no more "Splash Page" to pass through.
- The most popular features will be front and center for your easy access: Pharmacy, Appointments, Secure Messaging and Health Records. Logged in Veterans will have quick access to key pages.
- The familiar red Navigation Bar will remain the same but you will need to update your browser "favorites" or "bookmarks."
- The My HealtheVet Search Engine got a big upgrade, and the results will be divided between the VA-wide results and My HealtheVet results, in a more compact and easier-to-read format.
- The My HealtheVet Community gives a tighter focus to issues around Veterans and health care; volunteering at the VA Medical Centers, volunteering for research; basic benefits resources; news about VA and Spotlight articles about using My HealtheVet for your health management.
- Five of the Healthy Living Centers and the Common Conditions Center have been "retired." In their places you will find links to VA's most authoritative, current and useful health information on things like diabetes, heart health, Agent Orange and smoking cessation.
- Now My HealtheVet is mobile friendly; all pages are viewable without expanding or enlarging on mobile devices. The Logon is adapted for smartphone and tablet use.
- The main address, www.myhealth.va.gov, isn't changing.
Change is seldom easy, but we are pretty confident that you'll like what you'll see. We've been listening to Veterans and their family members about what is good and what needs improvement in MyHealtheVet. When you first use the enhanced site, you can tell us what you think of these changes and report any problems using the Contact MHV link in the top navigation bar.