My HealtheVet is Updating its Terms and Conditions
To continue to improve our services to you, we are updating the My HealtheVet Terms and Conditions.
Beginning in late June, existing My HealtheVet account holders will be able to preview and accept the new Terms and Conditions, or choose 'Ask me later.'
- If you accept the new Terms and Conditions, you will not be asked at your next login.
- If you choose 'Ask me later' you will be asked to review and accept them each time you log in until accepted.
- In the fall, accepting the new Terms and Conditions will be required for you to log in.
Most of the My HealtheVet Terms and Conditions will remain unchanged. Here are the key changes:
- Users no longer have to accept a separate Terms and Conditions for My HealtheVet, prescription refill, and Secure Messaging. The new Terms and Conditions include all three.
- You must access your My HealtheVet account at least once every two (2) years to keep it active.
- In the past, your self-entered data has not been viewable by your health care team. Based on feedback from our users, VA is working towards expanding the kinds of data health care teams may view. When different types of self-entered data become viewable by your health care team, they will be clearly labelled in the section where you enter the data.
Please remember that:
- My HealtheVet protects your personal health information. My HealtheVet does not share your information with outside organizations.
- Your My HealtheVet account includes an Account Activity Log, which allows you to view a history of actions taken on your account.
- VA is committed to monitoring and protecting the security and privacy of its computer systems and websites, and your information.
- The address, email, and telephone information you enter into your My HealtheVet account does not automatically update your official VA Health Record.
Created May 19, 2017