Registration - VA Online Rx Refill for Veterans
Click on a topic below to navigate to that page.
Table of Contents
For questions about your medicines, please contact your Pharmacy Service or Healthcare Provider. For questions about using MHV, use the Contact MHV link at the top of every MHV page.
Register with My HealtheVet (MHV) as a VA Patient to access the VA Online Rx Refill for veterans.
VA Rx Refill is the number one electronic service that veterans request. This My HealtheVet service is available from anywhere using the Internet, and offers a very easy way to refill your VA prescriptions. Type http://www.myhealth.va.gov into your browser to display the VA Home page, as shown below.
Then, from the menu on the left of the page, select Health Care > My HealtheVet (see yellow boxes above) to display the My HealtheVet Home page, similar to that shown below.
Rx Refill Requirements
NOTE: The Rx Refill function of My HealtheVet requires that you must:
- Be a VA patient.
- Have a prescription written by a VA doctor that has previously been filled at a VA pharmacy.
- Have an MHV account - Registration is quick and easy, as shown below.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Social Security Number so that they are an exact match to your VA electronic record. It is absolutely essential that these exactly match the information that is in your VA electronic record. (Use the Veterans Identification Card (VIC) to verify that your information is as it appears in the VA record. Additionally, the label of a VA prescription bottle will show your first and last name as it appears in your VA record.)
- New Users: Select the VA Patient checkbox (as shown in the graphic below) in the Relationship to the VA section of the Register with My HealtheVet dialogue. This is a required step to refill your prescriptions with Rx Refill.
- Existing Users: Select the VA Patient checkbox in the Relationship to the VA section of the Update Profile Information dialogue. This is a required step to refill your prescriptions with Rx Refill.
All of the above must be in conformance with your VA record to ensure that you can refill your prescriptions with Rx Refill online.
New User Registration
To register as a new My HealtheVet user, click on the red Register button located on the right side of the Home page (shown above) to display the Register with My HealtheVet dialogue, as shown below.
- To create your user profile, enter the required information (noted by red asterisk *) in addition to other information as desired.
- NOTE: Your First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number (SSN), and Birth Date must be entered exactly as documented in your VA electronic record to be able to use Rx Refill.
For the rest of the form (not shown), when desired, enter Donor Information. Then enter the required information for Primary Address, and Contact Information into the next sections.
Select as many checkboxes in the Health Awareness Information section as desired to receive information on those topics via email.
Then enter the required Account Information (User ID and Password). The boxes on the right of the screen contain helpful hints on selecting a User ID and Password.
Then click the red Save button at the bottom of the page to display the Congratulations! message with your User Name and My HealtheVet ID. Be sure to remember your User Name, Password, and My HealtheVet ID.
Returning User Login
To verify, correct, or update your personal information in your Profile account, login to My HealtheVet on the right side of the Home page with your User ID and Password (see Member Login box below).
After login, select Personal Information > Profiles (as shown below) to update your personal profile.
When the Profiles > Update Profile Information dialogue appears (shown below), make the appropriate changes to correct or update your profile to match your VA electronic record.
- NOTE: The Veterans Identification Card (VIC) or the label of a VA prescription bottle shows your First Name and Last Name as it appears in the VA record.
Be sure to select the VA Patient checkbox in the Relationship to the VA section of the Update Profile Information dialogue, as this is required to obtain Rx Refills.