Registration can be accessed by clicking the Register button in the right-hand Member Login panel.
In this section enter your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, marital status, occupation and gender.
If you are a VA Patient, your first and last name, date of birth and Social Security Number will be matched with your official VA record to allow you to use the Prescription Refill service through My HealtheVet.
Relationship to the VA
Select your relationship to the VA by checking the appropriate checkbox. If you check VA Patient, your registration information will be matched with your official VA record (as described above). If you are a VA Patient and a match is not found during this process, you will have to check a different box to complete Registration. If this happens, please complete registration and use the Contact MHV link so we can assist you. You can always go back and change this setting later.
Enter your blood type here and check the box if you are an organ donor. This information will be part of your Wallet Card.
Enter your address here.
Enter the method you prefer to be contacted. Then enter that information in the applicable field below. Your preferred method of contact will require you to enter information in the corresponding field.
Health Awareness Information
Select the health subjects you are interested in and if you would like to receive this information by email.
User ID - The User ID is a unique identifier for each user. It is not case sensitive, meaning that you can enter capital or lower case letters.
- No two users can have the same User ID.
- Your User ID must be at least six characters long and can be a combination of letters and numbers. You cannot use special characters, such as ?, #, & or % as part of the User ID.
- Your User ID cannot contain spaces between the characters.
Password - The following guidelines are intended to help you create a password that will be difficult for others to figure out.
- It must be at least eight characters in length.
- It must have at least one letter and one number in the eight characters.
- It must have at least one special character in the eight characters. Special characters include punctuation marks, number signs, percentage symbol, etc. Examples are ?, &, #, and !.
- It cannot have spaces between the characters.
- It cannot be the same as your User ID.
For security purposes, stay away from using obvious passwords like your name, the name of your children or spouse, your phone number, or your birth date.
Your password is case sensitive, i.e. if you register it in all capital letters, it will only work if you enter it in all capital letters, if you register it in all lower case letters, it will only work if you enter it in all lower case letters, and if you mix the use of capitals and lower case when you register it, you must enter the password using that same mix in order for it to be valid.
Password Hint - A Password Hint is a question that you will be asked to answer to confirm your identity if you cannot remember your password. To complete this step in the registration process, you must select two password hint questions that you can easily answer, as well as remember. Select two of the password hint questions and enter the answers for each question. There are five questions from which to choose:
- What is the name of the town in which you were born?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your pet's name?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- Who is your favorite actor, musician, or artist?