Refill Prescription Information
To use this service, you must be registered user as a VA Patient in My HealtheVet.
To begin, select the Pharmacy tab in the main menu bar. Then, select the Rx Refill tab just below the main menu bar. You will see your Pharmacy options in the left-hand menu panel. Choose Refill Prescriptions to begin refilling your VA prescriptions on My HealtheVet.
The Refill Prescription Information table has eight column headings. Each prescription is referenced by its prescription number.
The information in the table is sorted first by Fill Date and then by prescription number. The triangle symbols next to Fill Date means this column can be sorted in ascending or descending order. You can select any of the underlined column headings to sort the table information.
NOTE: When you select the checkbox for a refillable prescription, you must select the Submit button before you leave the page. If you do not, the checkbox will reset and your request will not be submitted. You will receive a warning message on the screen if this happens. The warning message will remind you to select the Submit button before moving to another page. You can, however, select the prescription name for more detailed information on the prescription. When you close the View Prescription Refill Detail page, your box will still be checked and ready for you to select the Submit button.
- Refill Status - This column will show the refill status of the prescriptions:
- Active: A prescription is listed as Active if it is available for refill. A checkbox will be shown to allow you to select it for refill.
- Submitted: If you select the box on an Active prescription and then select the Submit button at the bottom of the screen, the prescription will be listed as Submitted when the screen reappears. Submitted means the refill request has been received by My HealtheVet, but has not been processed yet.
- Refill in Process: This status means the refill request is being processed by the pharmacy. The entire row will be bolded when the refill is being processed. When a prescription is in the Refill in Process status, the Fill Date will indicate when the prescription will be ready to be mailed by the VA Mail Order Pharmacy.
- Refill Submit Date - This is the date that the last refill request was submitted using My HealtheVet.
- Fill Date - For an Active prescription, the Fill Date is the date that the prescription was last refilled. Otherwise, the Fill Date means the next possible refill date. If a prescription has never been refilled, the Fill Date is the date that it was first issued. When you submit a refill request, the Fill Date updates when the request is being processed by the issuing pharmacy, such as when the status changes from Submitted to Refill in Process.
- Refills Remaining - This is the number of refills that remain to be filled.
- Prescription - This column shows the name and number of the prescription to be refilled.
- Facility - Facility is the name of the VA facility where the prescription was originally issued.
- Select to Refill - This column will show a check box if the refill can be filled: To submit a refill request, select the checkbox on the Active prescription, and then select the Submit button. You will receive a message that the request has been received by My HealtheVet. The status of the prescription will change from Active to Submitted. Updates to the prescription list will be visible after midnight each calendar day when the status changes from Submitted to Refill in Process.
- Prescription Tracking - Track Delivery button is shown in this column if the prescription was filled by the VA Mail Order Pharmacy and mailed in the last 45 days.
If you want to view refillable prescriptions and there are no prescriptions listed in the table or if there are no prescriptions in an Active status, first check the View Prescription History Information page for a change in status. If you do not view the prescriptions you expect on the View Prescription History Information page, contact your local VA pharmacy for information.
An unlimited number of prescriptions are viewable. The default view displays 10 prescriptions at one time on this page. Up to 100 prescriptions can be viewed at one time by selecting a different number of prescriptions to display in the footer of the table. Other navigation buttons in the footer allow you to move between pages of your prescription information list.
The date and military time that the Refill Prescriptions Information table was last updated is visible on the upper right corner of every page.
Select the Printer Friendly button to print the complete table of prescription refill entries. This button opens the page that allows you to view the printable information. The Print button on this page will open a print dialog window that allows such selections such as page size, orientation, and the number of prints.
To print information about a single prescription, select the prescription name in the Prescription column for the desired prescription. The View Prescription Refill Detail page will display. Then select the Print button on this page.