In the Spotlight
Veterans Can Now Schedule Appointments Online with Smartphones
New Online Appointment Scheduling Service Integrated with My HealtheVet
Veterans at more than 100 VA Medical Centers (VAMCs) across the country are now able to request or schedule certain types of appointments online through My HealtheVet.
What does this mean for you?
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule or request some of your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling.
Check to see if your VA Medical Center offers online scheduling
With your online status, you'll also be able to:
- Self-schedule primary care appointments at participating facilities where you have had a primary care appointment in the last two years
- Request help scheduling primary care appointments at facilities where you receive care. Some facilities also offer outpatient mental health, optometry, and audiology appointment requests
- View or cancel your appointments
- Track the status of appointment requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
How can I access the online scheduling tool through the MyHealtheVet platform?
Log in to your My HealtheVet Premium account, and you will see an option to 'Schedule a VA Appointment' on your dashboard. Click the link to go to the log in page. If you need more help, the link also includes a user manual.
When will online scheduling be available?
If your facility does not currently participate in online scheduling, please know that we are working to expand access to additional medical centers. If you need to make an appointment immediately, you can still call the VA health facility where you want to receive care. Find your VA health facility's phone number.
Last Updated November 3, 2017